The origin of National Novelty Brush Company (NNBC) began over 100 years ago when National Novelty Company was founded in Lancaster, PA in 1916. National Novelty Company was a manufacturer of mousetraps, cookie cutters and small applicators attached to metal and plastic caps. Over time National Novelty Company evolved NNBC.
In 1968, Maugus Manufacturing, Inc., a New England based company owned by Girard E. Lamb, purchased National Novelty Brush Company and relocated its headquarters to Lancaster, PA. Maugus Manufacturing was at the time a significant customer of National Novelty Brush Company and the purchase allowed NNBC to grow and expand its product offering.
Today the business operates under the corporate name of Maugus Manufacturing, Inc. but continues to do business under the trade name of National Novelty Brush Company.
1994: Maugus Manufacturing, Inc. purchased the assets of the applicator division of Plastek Group, Erie Pennsylvania. This purchase further strengthened NNBC’s product line and production capabilities.
1998: Maugus Manufacturing, Inc. purchased the assets of Kerr Manufacturing, Inc.’s compression molded products division. This was a perfect fit as we were their largest customer of compression-molded closures.
2008: Maugus Manufacturing, Inc. purchased Hocker Manufacturing of Lewes, DE, a direct competitor in the manufacturing of metal dauber caps.
2008: Maugus Manufacturing, Inc. invested in a new warehousing facility and was the first commercial operation to install a green roof in the city of Lancaster, PA.
2009: Hocker’s operations were consolidated into the Lancaster manufacturing site.
2016: Celebrated 100 years of quality manufacturing in Lancaster, PA